Here’s your homework…
Next time you’re at your local gift shop or office supply store, pick up a little notebook (and a super awesome pen).
Begin paying very close attention to your physical and emotional reactions during your workday or any time you’re doing something for your career.
Rethink the phrase, “Go big or go home.”
Reflect on the phrase, “Success is a series of small victories.”
Now, jot down daily or weekly (all work-related):
- What makes you smile big
- When you impress the hell out of yourself and when someone impresses the hell out of you
- What makes you feel deep gratitude
- When you say the words “thank you”
- To whom you say the words “thank you”
- When your heart soars
- When you meet someone with whom you can be friends/allies
- When you make a new reader
- When you’re inspired
- What gives you unbridled energy
- When you’ve mastered something however big, small or outright silly that you’ve feared
- When you did something out of your comfort zone, big or small
- When you gave a resounding “yes” to someone or something
So why should we do this?
Because there is no need to risk everything.
Because you can build slowly, intentionally.
Because what sparks, excites, and invigorates you matters, a lot.
Because being on top is terrific but knowing who you are and what you have is something. [Read more…]