After twelve months worth of competition, the time is finally here to announce the grand prize winner of the 2015 WU Flash Fiction Contest. Thank you again to everyone who participated in making it such a wonderful experience.
Before we jump in to the grand announcement, I’d just like to share a little story. After posting the prompt and finalist’s stories last week, we had a an email from Stefano Corso, the photographer responsible for Red Rain. He reached out to thank us for using his photo, and to compliment the authors of all the stories, which he enjoyed. As a special bonus, Stefano has donated a signed print of Red Rain for the winner. Thank you so much, Stefano. If you’d like to see more of Stefano’s work, you’ll find his website here.
Let’s take another quick look at our grand prize. All our finalists have already won a beautiful “Edit” poster from Three Figs Villa, as kindly donated by the generous Cyd Peroni, and the overall winner will receive:
- A signed copy of Dave King‘s Self-Editing for Fiction Writers
- A signed copy of David Corbett‘s The Art of Character
- A 15-page manuscript critique by bestselling author Catherine McKenzie (double spaced, normal margins, Times New Roman 12pt font)
- A one-hour Skype lesson with Scrivener expert, Rebeca Schiller
- A free, non-transferable pass to attend the next Writer Unboxed UnConference (does not include travel or hotel expenses)
- A copy of John Vorhaus‘s Poole’s Paradise
- A copy of Erika Liodice‘s Empty Arms
- A copy of Grand Central, a compilation of stories featuring Erika Robuck
- A signed print of Stefano Corso’s Red Rain
And now, announcing the winner of the 2015 Writer Unboxed Flash Fiction Contest…