Before you contact WU, please read our FAQs.
Writer Unboxed is not responsible for subscribing or unsubscribing individual readers. Our group is simply too vast and our resources too stretched to take on this responsibility. However, it’s easy for you to manage these affairs on your own.
How can I subscribe to you via email?
Click HERE to access the subscription page, add your email addy in the box as shown, click subscribe, and you should be all set.
How can I change my subscription address?
You’ll need to unsubscribe from the first address, then resubscribe with the address you’d like to use.
How can I unsubscribe?
You can remove yourself from a feed’s mailing list any time without interacting with the feed owner. Click the ‘Unsubscribe Now” link located at the bottom of the email. If the content of the email is particularly long you may see “[Message Clipped]” followed by a link that reads “View Entire Message.” Click the link to view the footer of the message and the unsubscribe link. The link will open a new window or tab. You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to unsubscribe.
Why aren’t I getting emails every day with WU posts any longer? What has happened?
Every once in a while there’s a glitch in the matrix and people have problems with their feedburner accounts. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing.
Additionally, we’re aware of a problem with AT&T-related sites and Comcast. Here’s a line from an interesting blog post: “Feedburner e-mails may not be getting out to readers who are using Yahoo, AT&T and SBC Global e-mail addresses since those companies have all merged together under AT&T.” Read more about that HERE. What has worked well is for folks is to subscribe to the feed using a different email address.
I’d like to leave a comment on Writer Unboxed, but I’m not sure how to do that. Help?
This is something our RSS Feed readers or email subscribers sometimes feel confused by the first time through, but commenting on the site is easy. Go to writerunboxed.com (you’re already here!). Scroll through the site until you find the title of the post you’d like to comment on, and click that. Scroll to the bottom of the post, through the comments already left on that post, then add your voice to the empty box at the bottom. You will probably see a spam deterrent asking you a simple math question to prove your humanity. Answer the question (good luck). Leave your comment. That’s it. Welcome to the community; WU has some of the best commenters on the internet.
Why hasn’t my comment appeared?
One of three reasons.
- It hasn’t yet been approved by WU’s moderators.
- It has landed in spam. Give us a few hours, and if you don’t see your comment, send us a note through our contact form. We’ll try to find your comment.
- Your comment was disapproved because it didn’t follow WU protocol. Comments are moderated at Writer Unboxed. This doesn’t mean that comments counter to a poster’s perspective are disallowed; on the contrary, we welcome all viewpoints. However if a comment seems to exist only to rib (or barb) a contributor, it will be deleted. We welcome your thoughtful and constructive comments, and hope you’ll become a valued voice within the WU community.
How do I search Writer Unboxed?
It’s easy. Just click the ? symbol on our typewriter header to be taken to our search bar. Or click HERE.
Can I repost a Writer Unboxed post on my own website?
Unless you’ve reached out to us, and received our express consent to republish one of our posts, no, you cannot. You can excerpt one of our posts, though, as long as credit is given to both Writer Unboxed and the essay’s author, and as long as the bulk of the post is your own. Otherwise, it’s plagiarism. (Learn more about plagiarism HERE.)
Why do some people have pictures beside their comments, and how can I make that work for me?
Sign up for a Gravatar account–that’s what those folks did–and every time you comment here your photo will appear as well. It’s easy. Learn more HERE.
How can I join the Facebook group?
You want to join our group of nearly 5000 writers, gathered in a promo-free zone to discuss craft issues and share knowledge? Welcome. Instructions, HERE.
How can I support Writer Unboxed?
Hey, thanks for asking; we appreciate the help.
- You can support our writers by using the tinyCoffee Plugin. This allows readers of a post to donate a small amount of money to the author of that post, ranging from $2-$20. None of this money goes to Writer Unboxed; it is exclusively for the author. A small percentage does, however, go to PayPal.
- You can support Writer Unboxed itself by making a one-time donation via PayPal to our account at WriterUnboxed.com. Or you can make a small monthly contribution (we suggest between $1-$5 a month). You can go HERE to set up an easy monthly contribution.
- Buy our contributors’ books! You can learn more about what our contributors have written by visiting their bios, accessible via the sidebar or beneath their posts.
Can I advertise with Writer Unboxed?
You can. We have rates for both authors and businesses, and more information HERE. We’ve had very happy advertisers, and we see quite a bit of repeat business through them.
Do you review books on Writer Unboxed?
We do not. Sorry.
Will you interview me for Writer Unboxed?
I’m sorry, no. Though we used to do interviews on the site, we no longer do so unless under special circumstances (e.g. you are Stephen King or J.K. Rowling).
Do you accept guest posts at Writer Unboxed?
We are currently booked. Please check back soon.
We have very few open slots for guests at Writer Unboxed, but you’re welcome to pitch us via our contact form if you have a fresh concept. Ask yourself: Is this idea empowering to WU’s audience in some way? Is it something writers need to know or can benefit from knowing? Is it something the WU audience hasn’t seen many times before? Does it have a fresh spin? Why am I the right person to write this article? If I’m an unproven commodity, am I willing to write the article on spec? Am I familiar with WU’s vibe and its contributors? Do I know how to address my request or will I write Dear Sir? Do your homework, and you’ll maximize your chances right from the start.
If you’d still like to contact the Admins and Editors of Writer Unboxed, please use the form below. Though we don’t currently have the resources to respond to all of the mail we receive daily, we’ll continue to do our best to answer all pertinent inquiries.
Thanks for your support of Writer Unboxed. Write on!