Craft books. Conferences. Seminars. Workshops. Webinars. The answers on how to write a book are out there, but in a million different places, and sifting through the information to find the essential bits takes so much time. Time you probably don’t have.
We’ve been there. And we decided there had to be a better way. So, we created one: The 5th Semester. Next month we’re thrilled to be offering a fully virtual residency where we help anyone take their book from inspiration to publication.
What all did we put in this magical program, you might ask? Pretty much everything we wish we’d have had at our fingertips when we were starting out:
- A way to develop your premise, your “what if,” that will sustain a whole book, from beginning to middle to end.
- A step-by-step system to develop and structure your story, so that when you sit down to write the first page, you know exactly where you need to go.
- Small, intimate cohorts that allow us to help you go to school on your project, and foster a writing community lasts long after the residency itself.
- Monthly support as you write – both encouragement and check-ins to make sure your book stays on track
- Up-to-date publishing know-how – we show you how to develop a query strategy and submission materials, and host roundtable with publishing professionals where you’ll also receive agent feedback on your story.
All of this, from instructors who are not only authors, but also tenured university and MFA writing professors.
We’re really proud of this program because IT WORKS – just this year, four of our past students have landed book deals with major publishers – and Drexel University’s MFA program has hired us to teach our system to their cohorts.
So, if you’re ready to #WriteTheDamnBook, join us at our virtual residency and use the code UNBOXED for 10% off.
And if you’re not ready yet, that’s okay, too! You can stay up to date with what’s going on with The 5th Semester – from musings to new courses and special offers – by signing up for our very occasional newsletter.