Comic Caption Challenge: Book Characters At A Bar (plus my exciting book news!)

YAcharactersBar2

Any caption suggestions? Please post below in the comments section – please post one caption at a time, and let someone else post a comment before posting another. Vote for the caption(s) you like by clicking on “Like.” Caption suggestion with the most Likes by Sat. May 18th gets a selection of writer-focused greeting cards from my Zazzle shop. I reserve the right to veto a caption if I consider it inappropriate or offensive.

LOGO-RHKids-150My recent exciting news: I have a two-book illustration deal with Random House Children’s Books! Details here. Thanks to all of you, especially Writer Unboxed, for your continuing support of my illustrations.

About Debbie Ohi

Debbie Ridpath Ohi writes and illustrates books for young people. Recent illustration projects for Simon & Schuster Children's include books by Judy Blume and Michael Ian Black. Her blog for children's book writers & illustrators: Inkygirl.com. On Twitter: @inkyelbows

Comments

1. Linda W says

“At least you sparkle. I just fall apart. Tough on a relationship, dude.”
    Congrats on your two-book illustration deal!

2. Timothy Hicks says

And then my agent told me, “Write what you know if you want to get anything published.”
    Who would’ve guessed she wanted me to write a zombie novel?
    Oh we’ll, live and learn….

3. Jeanne Kisacky says

And so I said, ‘No, really, if I have to listen to another acceptance speech, I’m going to turn into a zombie.’ How’d you get the teeth?

4. Lori A. Owen says

“Man, what a day! I left my energizer bunny and 5 hour energy drink at home this morning.”

“And then, AND THEN! Those giggly girls posted the picture to that Facebook thing! I tell you, being frighteningly undead in any way, shape, or form is dead!”

Congratulations on your wonderful news, Debbie! I couldn’t be happier for you.

Here’s my take on your comic:

That’s what I overheard them say, Stan! Vampires, out. Zombies, out. But Creature from the Black Lagoon? They’re all clamoring for him! It’s enough to make me lose my head, I’m telling ya.

7. Ray Pace says

“Of course I’m having a bier. Why aren’t you drinking a Bloody Mary?”

“Dammit … I know it has no effect on you and I ALREADY stagger, but we’re here to have fun and forget about our dying genres— so drink up, already!”

A big congratulations on the illustration deal!
    Rosemary Freeman´s last blog post ..The Things We Do For Love

9. jennifer mook-sang says

“Dude, trust me, there’re worse things that can dangle.”

10. CJ Morris says

“Don’t worry about it. We are just like Twinkies. They will want us back!”

11. John Buss says

“You have sensitive teeth!?! Try drinking a frosty beer with a jaw that doesn’t close!”

12. Carole Caprice says

“I’m tellin’ ya… NEVER trust a Clown with a box of Cubans!”