You’ve heard about the horse-meat scandal in Europe. How people who purchase meatballs, and meat pies cannot be sure what animal species they’ll be consuming, or if they’re consuming a species at all?
Well the next edition of the Writer Inboxed, WU’s bimonthly newsletter, coming out later this week, bears one striking similarity. Our guest contributors will remain nameless, shrouded in an aura of mystery until the moment of newsletter opening.
Where it differs? We’re betting your surprise will be of the pleasant variety.
Here’s what we can reveal about our guests:
- They are both female.
- They’re both prolific, writing in several genres.
- They’re both bestsellers.
- They’ve both had movies made from their fiction — one when her book was sent back for its seventh printing in six weeks.
- One has been nominated for four RITAs.
- The other has had her fiction translated into 20 languages and her most recent offering blurbed by Toni Morrison.
- 21 Century Tips: short-and-pertinent tips offered by our WU craft-master, Donald Maass
- Ask Chuck: a Q&A column with Writer’s Digest’s Chuck Sambuchino on all things relating to the business of writing (including his specialty, getting an agent)
- Ask Victoria: a Q&A column with editor Victoria Mixon, who’s poised to answer all of your tricky craft questions
- Insider Confidential: pub scoop written by folks in the know who may or may not post as “anonymous”
- Boundless: digital media insights by our Digital Editor, Erika Liodice
- Community Roundup: the best of the WU’s readership craft posts, as curated from our Facebook page, via WU’s Facebook Community Editor, Vaughn Roycroft
- Author and Industry Interviews: timely interviews conducted by WU’s editorial staff, featuring authors and industry experts you want to know more about
- A Book That Changed My Life: profiling books that impacted successful authors (e.g. Diana Gabaldon, Jon Clinch, Christopher Moore)
- Reader Unboxed: book reviews by our Reader Unboxed staff
Want to give the Writer Inboxed a try? Type your email in the box below, click subscribe, and that’s it.
We’ll never share or sell your email address, and if for any reason you want to quit, we’ll make that easy for you too. No hassles.
See you in your inbox!