Help Us Pick a Name for WU’s Newsletter; Newsletter-Namer to Share Pixels with a NYT-Bestseller (so Please Vote)
You came, you proposed newsletter names, and we conferred. Now that we’ve whittled the list down to three choices, we need your votes to select the best of the best.
Before you swing into action, here are a few announcements and reminders of what’s at stake.
The winning community member will receive:
Acknowledgement in November’s newsletter, which promises to be a special one. In addition to the usual WU gang, we have:
- Liz Michalski’s first Q & A, featuring YA author Diana Renn.
- Amy Sue Nathan’s first review for the Reader Unboxed column.
- NYT-bestselling author Jacqueline Carey as guest contributor for The Book That Changed My Life.
Want to be have input into the newsletter? There are three ways you can contribute:
- Have a specific question on editing? Victoria Mixon wants to help. E-mail her at askvictoria or tweet her @VictoriaMixon using the hashtag #WU.
- For the purposes of fostering community, WU’s Facebook page is a promo-free zone with one monthly exception, occurring on or about the third week of each month. That’s when the above-mentioned Vaughn Roycroft actively solicits writing-related links from community members, which he then weaves into his upcoming newsletter column. It’s that time now, Unboxeders. If you have a link to advance, head to the Facebook page and look for his thread.
- Finally, please vote on the title. We’d love your input.
Haven’t signed up for your free newsletter? Go HERE for details. Your personal data remains confidential and you can unsubscribe at any time.