Comic: A Writer’s Journey

To fellow Canadian writers out there: Happy Thanksgiving! I’m up at the cottage right now, so decided to do an autumn-themed format this weekend.

About Debbie Ohi

Debbie Ridpath Ohi writes and illustrates books for young people. Recent illustration projects for Simon & Schuster Children's include books by Judy Blume and Michael Ian Black. Her blog for children's book writers & illustrators: Inkygirl.com. On Twitter: @inkyelbows

Comments

1. Vicki says

Oh, how very true! When are any of us ever satisfied with whatever stage in our writing we are?

Pure Truth! I could have written this as I am sure other writers could.
    We just have to take it one “truth”…one step…at a time.

Thanks for this VERY honest, cute entry!!

Debbie,
    So true! Some of us have never gotten to the agent/publisher/review stage, so this is doubly true. It’s important to celebrate every milestone along the journey and this is a great reminder. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.
    CG Blake´s last blog post ..Avoiding the Social Media Time Suck

Love it. It’s a great reminder to live in the present. Worrying only cause stress and stress kills your body. It’s a slow, slow death that eats you up from the inside like termites demolishing a house. You don’t see it, but it is happening right now. You bet it is. STOP IT! Okay, I have no idea where these words are coming from. I just need to finish this comment and press submit. But really, my fingers won’t stop. They want to keep typing. Now I worry that you’ll think what I am saying is stupid. Great, now I’m stressed. Wonderful Rich, you’re a real genius. And you’re dying. Well done.
    Rich Amooi´s last blog post ..I Crap in the Milk

I grinned at the first couple of panels, was smiling as I neared the end, then read the last panel and thought, “What a great message.” And one I needed to hear, by the way. Thanks for sharing.

So so good! Thanks for the smile and thanks to Vaughn who I followed over here….

Stay cozy this thanksgiving.

Not sure where your cottage is but up here in the “near north” of Ontario we are having snow flurries….brrrrrr!

Hi Debbie,

This is funny and sad all at the same time. I’m on the 4th frame with my 1st book; the 2nd frame for my 2nd book and the 1st frame for my 3rd… sigh! But, hope springs eternal and I agree, it’s important to celebrate every milestone.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Enjoy the changing of the leaves, which is what I miss most about Canada while living abroad. Pam… I don’t miss the snow though :)

Cheers,
    Anne

8. Sarah says

Love this one so much! I haven’t even finished my first draft and I’m already finding myself doing this… Thanks for such a lovely reminder!

And it’s been a long journey … the stress at times is almost unbearable. But then, posts like this remind me that each small step is important. Small or large, each step can make us or break us. In the end, we have to laugh. Because when you really think about, it is pretty funny. Stressing over a make-believe world.