Only a few more scorching Sundays of flash fiction are left in our Sizzling Sundays of Summer flash fiction contest (pop over to the announcement post to check out the rules and fabulous prizes HERE). The entries continue to be AMAZING, and choosing three finalists every week to compete for the ultimate prizes has become so, so tough. This week is no different. Thanks to all who submitted stories based on last week’s prompt.
Our honorable mentions this week are:
wilson hara (“Oh boy…”)
Jeff Williams (“I once had a little girl just like you.”)
Terra Mar (“The Gambler.”)
Andrea Ellickson (“Javier looked at his granddaughter for the last time.”)
Taylor Ross (“Why? Amanda flung her hand out…”)
Madeline Mora-Summonte (“Accident Prone.”)
Michael Molony (“Dr. Howard Burke paced in front of an enormous fireplace…”)
Julia Jay (“Why are you sitting there?”)
And this week’s winners, in no particular order are:
GL Rees (“Understanding.”)
Anthony Lanni (“She was the cutest baby in the whole world.”)
Racquel Henry (“You’re my last chance at being a good mother.”)
Colleen Wood (“Herbert!”)
Congratulations to GL, Anthony, Racquel and Colleen! Your stories have made our finalists’ round, and will be part of the big WU vote in early August.
Can winners enter again? Yes, they can. We hope all of you enter again! Though we named a few notables, there were so many compelling, unboxed stories to enjoy, which made it even harder to choose. We hope you are having as much fun writing them as we are reading them!
This week we are going to change it up a little, but no worries, Debbie Ridpath Ohi’s fabulous work will be inspiring you next week! Without further ado, this weeks prompt image is
Remember the full rules can be found HERE, but if you’re in the mood to flash and run, cliff-notes rules are below:
- The story must be inspired by that week’s visual prompt.
- Each submission must be 250 words or less.
- Each story must contain a beginning, middle, and end.
- All submitted work must be original–not published anywhere else, and written by you, for this contest.
- Post submissions in the comment section of the prompt post. Each week, the deadline will be 72 hours after the prompt is posted on Sunday morning, meaning Wednesday August 1 at 7 a.m. EST.
- No more than two entries per person, per week will be eligible for that week.
- The top three or four stories from each week will be selected by a mix of votes in the form of Likes in the comment section and our own discretion.
Image courtesy of randomduck via Creative Commons.